Custom siding is about more than just looks!
Custom siding does look much better than prefab siding because it doesn’t have seams in the middle of your walls. It’s also typically of a better quality all around, including colors and design, than pre fab siding. But there’s more to it than just looking good.
The lack of seams with custom siding does several things.
- It eliminates many places where a potential leak may occur.
- Several less weak spots for the sun to make curl or move over the years
- And if the prefabs seams aren’t 100% correct on installation, or have become damage from the sun and temperature over the years they have little hand hold for the wind to grab and push & pull during storms and hurricanes. Perhaps you’ve seen piles of pre fab siding laying on the ground after a hurricane before? Or in video of a hurricanes aftermath.
- Custom siding has less seams to let water seep in during the typical daily summer storms
- And yes, we can’t forget that custom siding just looks better.
Don’t take the chance that saving a little money now will cost you big later., If that water gets in to the walls, the drywall and insulation will need replaced. Mold will also likely occur (it is Florida) and well, you don’t want to clean that up…